Rainsford Island (Mass.)
Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
Found in 3 Collections and/or Records:
Scope and Contents note The records in this collection consist of three volumes documenting persons admitted to the almshouses on Deer and Rainsford Island from 1853-1914. There are two registers and one index. The registers cover the dates November 1853 through August 1914. The dates of the index are January 1893 through August 1914. The Registers record the name of every person who entered the Almshouse along with a register number, age, place of birth, date admitted, date discharged, whether the person was...
Series — Box SB - 008: Series II, Folder: 12-13
Scope and Contents note Rainsford Island, in Boston Harbor, was used as a quarantine facility beginning in 1737. This collection of reports by Island Keeper Moses L. Hobart, includes about 40 items. They cover the period from January 9, 1822 through November 30, 1822. In the winter season the reports have to do with such maintenance concerns as painting and repairs. By the end of May, the reports concern the arrival of sailing ships (mostly brigs, but also schooners and sloops). The name and captain of...
Dates: 1822 January-November
Series — Box 1