Showing Collections: 241 - 270 of 836
Urban renewal plans and applications referred to the City Council Committee on Urban Renewal. Includes Government Center, West End, Charlestown, Campus High, Downtown-Waterfront-Faneuil Hall, Central Business District and others.
Badges were issued to members of the Common Council. Includes badge of Lyman H. Bigelow who served on the Common Council in 1884.
Register recording complaints made to the Mayor's Office from 1885-1888. Includes date, name of person, complaint and disposition.
Complaints against dangerous dogs filed with the City Clerk's Office.
Index to contracts, 1865-1895 and leases, 1865-1904. Contracts section lists contractors, object and date completed.
Includes select contracts retained for historical purposes. Includes contracts for school buildings, public works and other significant projects.
This series consists of a set of bound volumes of contracts and specifications for school buildings, 1902-1938 with gaps. The set is numbered volumes I-XVLI. Volumes VI, VII and X are missing.
Yearbook for Copley High School from 1980.
Includes County drafts for Police Court, 1864-1867; County drafts for Municipal Court for criminal business, 1867-1879; and County drafts for Municipal Court for Civil business, 1867-1879. Includes record of bills for charges and expenses arising in said court.
Includes copies of courses of study and curriculum guides for the Boston Public Schools. Courses of study and curriculum guides may also be found in the School Committee Annual Reports and Documents series.
The Debt records document all the debt of the City of Boston. This includes the City Debt, the Water Debt, and any additional bonds or notes issued by the City. Also included are records for the City’s Sinking Fund; the Sinking Fund serves as a means by which the City pays down its debt.
The Declarations of Trust are filed chronologically by date of filing in City Clerk's Office. Entries for the Declarations of Trust filed between 1909-1983 are included in the indexes to the Business Certificates. For the index from 1984-2011, contact the City Clerk's Office.
Includes deeds, releases, agreements, contracts, plans, and correspondence relating to sewers.
Building permit files of demolished buildings, also called "Takedowns." File jacket usually includes original building permit, permits for repair or renovation, violation notices, correspondence and permit to repair or raze (Takedown permit).
Photograph files of buildings ordered razed by the City of Boston. Photographs document condition of building just prior to demolition and usually include photograph of lot after demolition.
Includes Demolition delay review files #1-#2055 from 1995-2016.
Subject/project files of the Chief Information Officer, Department of Innovation and Technology (formerly MIS), 2004-2014. These records are unprocessed. Consult with Archivist.
Administrative records of the Department of Neighborhood Development from 1979-2008
- Photographs 103
- Minutes (Records) 45
- Annual reports 40
- Streets 38
- Correspondence 29
- Municipal government -- Massachusetts -- Boston 28
- Public buildings 28
- Yearbooks 27
- Licenses 25
- Public schools 25
- Finance, Public 24
- Public housing 24
- Municipal finance 22
- Municipal officials and employees 22
- Litigation 21
- Housing authorities 20
- Mayors -- Massachusetts -- Boston 19
- Schools 19
- Scrapbooks 19
- Boston (Mass.) -- Politics and Government 18 ∧ less
- Boston Public Schools 106
- Boston (Mass.). City Clerk 73
- Boston (Mass.). City Council 49
- Boston (Mass.). Treasury Department 41
- Boston (Mass.). Law Department 40
- Boston (Mass.). Public Works Department 38
- Boston (Mass.). Office of the Mayor 36
- Boston (Mass.). Fire Department 30
- Boston (Mass.). Assessing Department 26
- Boston (Mass.). Auditing Department 23
- Boston Housing Authority 23
- Suffolk County (Mass.) 22
- Boston (Mass.). Licensing Board 20
- Boston (Mass.). Building Department 17
- Boston (Mass.). Election Department 16
- Boston (Mass.). School Committee 15
- Boston (Mass.). Inspectional Services Department 13
- Boston (Mass.). Police Department 13
- Boston (Mass.). Engineering Department 11
- Boston (Mass.). Parks and Recreation Department 10 ∧ less