Showing Collections: 211 - 240 of 860
Annual reports and other publications produced by the Planning Board. Includes publications documenting urban renewal, zoning, capital improvements, transportation and public buildings. Annual reports can also be found in the City Documents series.
Includes minutes of the City Planning Board from 2 November 1954-8 June 1956, 1958, 1960 and 1962.
Includes bound volumes of issues of the City Record from 1898-1900, 1909-1960, 1972 October-1980 and 1984-1988 and loose copies of the City Record from 1969-1988 with gaps and 2000-2010 with gaps.
Two volumes of City Treasurer correspondence and 1 record carton of correspondence files.
City Treasurer's files of departmental correspondence, Commonwealth departmental correspondence and correspondence with banks. This collection is unprocessed.
Includes record of City Wharfage, 1829-1832; List of Vessels laying at City Wharf, 1829-1831; and financial journals, 1829-1832 and 1839-1841. City Wharfage volume lists date, name of vessel, list of items on board and charge. Vessels laying at City Wharf volume lists date, name of vessel, place, master, owner or agent, time of leaving, number of days at wharf, and fee.
Deeds and releases for property and easements taken for the Cochituate Water Works and index to deeds. Also includes Church Street District deeds.
Wooden "clapper" (noisemaker) from "The New Cocoanut Grove" used as an advertisement
Arranged by address. Includes photographs.
Copies of collective bargaining agreements between the City of Boston and City unions filed in the City Clerk's Office, 1965-1994.
Includes diploma from 1906, photograph of Class of circa 1906? and photograph of the Class of 1912.
Includes minutes, hearing transcripts and orders of the Commission.
Collection of records donated by Ricki Lieberman who served as Commissioner of Aging from 1980-1984. Includes manual, reports to the Mayor, audio tapes, publications, artifact, etc.
Correspondence and subject files of Commissioner William Good who served from 2004-2011. This collection is unprocessed.
Records documenting the collection of taxes for real estate, personal estate and polls. Usually lists name, amount of tax assessed and amount paid or abated.
Twentieth century transcription of minutes of the Boston Committee of Correspondence Inspection and Safety from 1776. The minutes from 1776 appear in the "List of Records in the Custody of the City Clerk's Department" published in 1899. However, the location of the original minutes is unknown at this time. This typewritten transcript appears to have been produced sometime in the twentieth century.
The ordinance passed August 2, 1824 establishing the position of Auditor of Accounts also established a joint committee of the City Council as part of a new system of accountability in the expenditures of the City. Includes the proceedings of the meetings of the Committee on Accounts.
- Photographs 105
- Minutes (Records) 45
- Annual reports 40
- Streets 39
- Correspondence 29
- Municipal government -- Massachusetts -- Boston 28
- Public buildings 28
- Public schools 27
- Yearbooks 27
- Licenses 25
- Finance, Public 24
- Public housing 24
- Municipal finance 22
- Municipal officials and employees 22
- Litigation 21
- Schools 21
- Housing authorities 20
- Mayors -- Massachusetts -- Boston 19
- Scrapbooks 19
- Boston (Mass.) -- Politics and Government 18 + ∧ less
- Boston Public Schools 106
- Boston (Mass.). City Clerk 73
- Boston (Mass.). City Council 49
- Boston (Mass.). Treasury Department 41
- Boston (Mass.). Law Department 40
- Boston (Mass.). Public Works Department 39
- Boston (Mass.). Office of the Mayor 36
- Boston (Mass.). Fire Department 31
- Boston (Mass.). Assessing Department 26
- Boston (Mass.). Auditing Department 23
- Boston Housing Authority 23
- Suffolk County (Mass.) 22
- Boston (Mass.). Licensing Board 20
- Boston (Mass.). Building Department 17
- Boston (Mass.). Election Department 16
- Boston (Mass.). School Committee 15
- Boston (Mass.). Inspectional Services Department 14
- Boston (Mass.). Police Department 13
- Boston (Mass.). Engineering Department 11
- Boston (Mass.). Parks and Recreation Department 10 + ∧ less