Showing Collections: 151 - 180 of 860
This series of plans for the Public Works Department illustrate where underground cable lines where laid in the early 1980s by Cablevision of Boston. Arrangement is by neighborhood and street.
Includes returns of expenses filed by candidates at State and Municipal Elections and returns of expenses filed by treasurers of Political Committees.
Project files of construction, alteration and renovation projects managed by the Public Facilities Department (Property Management)/Capital Construction of city-owned buildings including schools, libraries, fire stations, police stations, municipal buildings, and Boston City Hospital. Records include contracts, plans, correspondence, memoranda, and photographs.
Includes one case file for a child under supervision of the Office of Trustees for Children, 1899-1907.
Four volumes of correspondence of the Cemetery Department.
Cemetery Department cashbooks, etc. dated before 1870. Per state law, records cannot be destroyed. Volumes are in extremely poor condition with water damage.
The Central Legislative files include copies of legislation and correspondence relating to public housing in general and the Boston Housing Authority. This collection is divided into 3 series: Federal Legislation, State Legislation and internal legislation of the Boston Housing Authority. The original order and file names were retained. The files are generally chronological within each series.
Files from 1972-2002 arranged alphabetically by address. Files from 2003-2014 are arranged chronologically. Files generally include copy of the certificate, inspection reports and other materials submitted during the application process.
Cooking apron made by sixth grader Nancy Naglin in 1960-1961 at the Charles Logue School in Mattapan in preparation for seventh grade junion high school home economics/cooking class. The apron was the final project after three years of sewing classes.
Graduation program from 1912.
Includes financial records of the Charlestown Free School Fund which provided support for the public schools in Charlestown.
Includes a register of visitors to the School, 1852-1872; framed portraits of the classes of 1926 and 1927; photograph album of Class of 1939; diploma lists, 1987-1992; graduation programs, 1873, 1875, 1878-1883, 1885-1887 1991-1992; and yearbooks, 1926-1933, 1935, 1937-1944, 1946-1950, 1952-1954, 1957-1970, 1972, 1974-1975, 1977-1979, and 1990-2005.
This collection includes transcribed registers of church records, as well as, original church records of defunct churches. Records include baptisms, marriages, deaths, communicants, covenants, admissions, dismissals, members, and gneral church history. The collection amounts to 74 volumes and spans the years from 1630-1889. The collection includes local congregations of Baptist, Congregational, Methodist Episcopal, Presbyterian, Protestant Episcopal, and Unitarian denominations.
Letters sent by the Mayor to all department heads. These volumes include the circular letters received by the Fire Commissioner.
Boston Recollections: The Boston History Calendar, 2001, compiled and produced by the Archives Division staff.
- Photographs 105
- Minutes (Records) 45
- Annual reports 40
- Streets 39
- Correspondence 29
- Municipal government -- Massachusetts -- Boston 28
- Public buildings 28
- Public schools 27
- Yearbooks 27
- Licenses 25
- Finance, Public 24
- Public housing 24
- Municipal finance 22
- Municipal officials and employees 22
- Litigation 21
- Schools 21
- Housing authorities 20
- Mayors -- Massachusetts -- Boston 19
- Scrapbooks 19
- Boston (Mass.) -- Politics and Government 18 + ∧ less
- Boston Public Schools 106
- Boston (Mass.). City Clerk 73
- Boston (Mass.). City Council 49
- Boston (Mass.). Treasury Department 41
- Boston (Mass.). Law Department 40
- Boston (Mass.). Public Works Department 39
- Boston (Mass.). Office of the Mayor 36
- Boston (Mass.). Fire Department 31
- Boston (Mass.). Assessing Department 26
- Boston (Mass.). Auditing Department 23
- Boston Housing Authority 23
- Suffolk County (Mass.) 22
- Boston (Mass.). Licensing Board 20
- Boston (Mass.). Building Department 17
- Boston (Mass.). Election Department 16
- Boston (Mass.). School Committee 15
- Boston (Mass.). Inspectional Services Department 14
- Boston (Mass.). Police Department 13
- Boston (Mass.). Engineering Department 11
- Boston (Mass.). Parks and Recreation Department 10 + ∧ less