Showing Collections: 811 - 827 of 827
Collection — Box: 1
Scope and Contents note The Washington Statue Committee records contain contracts, insurance certificates, bills and receipts, correspondence, and proposals concerning the fabrication, erection and dedication of the statue, as well as, a journal and ledger documenting the finances of the committee. The Washington Statue Fair records include bills, statements, an insurance policy, and counterfeit or broken bank notes from the fundraising event held in November 1859.
Scope and Contents Includes copies of annual reports of the Cochituate Water Board for 1869-1870 and the Boston Water Board for 1879 and 1892-1893; reports of the Cochituate Water Board from 1851 and 1874; History of the Introduction of Pure Water into the City of Boston…, 1868; History of the Boston Water-Works from 1868-1876, 1876; and Short Description of the Boston Water-Works, 1895. Annual reports and other documents can be found in the City Documents series.
Scope and Contents note This series includes photographs of the demolition of Boston's West End during July and November 1959.
Scope and Contents Records of West Roxbury High School formerly called Roslindale High School. Includes yearbooks 1977-2007, graduation programs, student newsletters, and student produced slide presentation and audio cassette narration on construction of new Southwest High School, ca. 1976-1977. See also Roslindale High School.
Dates: 1977-2007 with gaps
Scope and Contents (Old) West Roxbury High School was renamed Jamaica Plain High School in 1923. Includes 1919 yearbook; issues of the student magazine "The Clarion" 1895-1923 with gaps; record of gifts, 1886-1927; and record of alumni in war, circa 1918. See also Jamaica Plain High School.
Dates: 1925-1969, undated
Series — Box: 2
Scope and Contents Class photographs of the William E. Endicott School from 1983-1987 and 1991-1992.
Scope and Contents Includes panoramic photographs of the Classes of 1940, 1952-1953, 1962-1963 and 1965; and class photographs from 1972, 1977, 1982, 1984, 1987-1988, and 1990-1991.
Dates: 1940-1991 with gaps
Item — Box: 1
Scope and Contents Diploma of Bessie Saftel from the Winthrop Grammar School, 1902.
Dates: 1906, 1910
Scope and Content This collection contains registers documenting naturalized and native women registered to vote in school board elections from 1884-1920. Naturalized women immigrated to the United States and acquired citizenship. Native women were citizens by birth. Women who became citizens through their native husbands were registered as native voters (Chapter 223, Acts of 1879). Registers are labeled with a ward number, a volume number or both. Only the Naturalized Women Voter Registers have an index, all...
Dates: Majority of material found within Bulk, 1936-1966; 1936-1978
Dates: circa 1996-2000
- Photographs 103
- Minutes (Records) 45
- Annual reports 40
- Streets 37
- Correspondence 29
- Municipal government -- Massachusetts -- Boston 28
- Public buildings 28
- Yearbooks 27
- Licenses 25
- Public schools 25
- Finance, Public 24
- Public housing 24
- Municipal finance 22
- Litigation 21
- Municipal officials and employees 21
- Housing authorities 20
- Schools 19
- Scrapbooks 19
- Boston (Mass.) -- Politics and Government 18
- Mayors -- Massachusetts -- Boston 18 ∧ less
- Boston Public Schools 106
- Boston (Mass.). City Clerk 72
- Boston (Mass.). City Council 49
- Boston (Mass.). Treasury Department 41
- Boston (Mass.). Law Department 40
- Boston (Mass.). Public Works Department 38
- Boston (Mass.). Office of the Mayor 35
- Boston (Mass.). Fire Department 28
- Boston (Mass.). Assessing Department 26
- Boston (Mass.). Auditing Department 23
- Boston Housing Authority 23
- Suffolk County (Mass.) 22
- Boston (Mass.). Licensing Board 20
- Boston (Mass.). Building Department 17
- Boston (Mass.). Election Department 16
- Boston (Mass.). School Committee 15
- Boston (Mass.). Inspectional Services Department 13
- Boston (Mass.). Police Department 13
- Boston (Mass.). Engineering Department 11
- Boston (Mass.). Parks and Recreation Department 10 ∧ less