Showing Collections: 1 - 28 of 28
Withdrawn and canceled applications to use Faneuil Hall.
Three letter-copy volumes of outgoing correspondence of the Engineering Department - Architectural Division and the Public Buildings Department.
Photographs of city buildings, capital projects, etc. used in budget reports.
Project files of construction, alteration and renovation projects managed by the Public Facilities Department (Property Management)/Capital Construction of city-owned buildings including schools, libraries, fire stations, police stations, municipal buildings, and Boston City Hospital. Records include contracts, plans, correspondence, memoranda, and photographs.
Records from the suit brought by the City of Boston against manufacturers of materials containing asbestos for reimbursement for the cost of abatement of the asbestos in public buildings. Includes contracts of city-owned buildings from 1923-1971 that were used as exhibits in the case. Buildings include schools, libraries, fire stations, police stations, city hospital, etc. Also includes records from the case itself.
Committee correspondence, reports and papers concerning the construction of a new Courthouse. Includes correspondence from Architect Alexander Parris.
Index to contracts, 1865-1895 and leases, 1865-1904. Contracts section lists contractors, object and date completed.
Includes select contracts retained for historical purposes. Includes contracts for school buildings, public works and other significant projects.
Register documenting use of Faneuil Hall and Curtis Hall. Includes date, for whom, engaged by, for what purpose and amount paid.
Obsolete index to plans of city buildings stored in the basement of the Probate Building (Architectural Division store room).
Lists of exempt properties arranged by clause and by ward/parcel. Exempt properties include properties owned by the City, State, or Federal government or various charitable and religious organizations. These volumes list the addresses, owners of the property and the valuation.
Two bound volumes of contracts executed for the construction of the new Suffolk County Courthouse at Pemberton Square. Includes contracts, specifications and correspondence.
Includes miscellaneous copies of contracts of the Public Buildings Department. Includes contracts for West Roxbury Branch Library; Restoration of Faneuil Hall; Hyde Park Police Station; Overseers of the Public Welfare and Temporary Home; Dorchester Court House, etc.
One letter-copy volume of outgoing correspondence of the Superintendent of Public Buildings.
Publications produced by the Public Facilities Department. Includes publications of the Rebuilding Boston program from 1986-1991.
Incoming and outgoing correspondence of the Director of the Public Facilities Department. Arranged by month and year.
Subject/correspondence files of the Director of the Public Facilities Department. Arranged alphabetically, includes files regarding property disposition, construction projects, programs, etc.
Includes minutes of the Board of Real Estate Commissioners, 1943-1954; minutes of the Committee on Foreclosed Real Estate, 1954-1962, 1964; and minutes of the meetings of the Real Property Board, 1954-1988.
Records of rents received for use of city-owned properties. Properties include Faneuil Hall, Faneuil Hall Market, Old State House, surplus school buildings and fire stations, etc. Includes Rent book, 1819-1852; Rent receipt book, 1850-1853; Rent book "B" and "C", 1882-1917; and Rent books, 1917-1940.
- Subject: Public buildings X
- Contracts 6
- Faneuil Hall (Boston, Mass.) 5
- School buildings 5
- Public lands 4
- Correspondence 3
- Indexes 3
- Suffolk County Courthouse (Boston, Mass.) 3
- Leases 2
- Minutes (Records) 2
- Municipal services 2
- Real property 2
- Architectural drawings -- Indexes 1
- Asbestos -- Litigation -- Massachusetts -- Boston 1
- Boston City Hall (Boston, Mass.) 1
- Bridges 1
- Charitable bequests 1
- Cocoanut Grove (Boston, Mass.) -- Fire, 1942 1
- Courts 1
- Curtis Hall (Jamaica Plain, Boston, Mass.) 1 + ∧ less
- Boston (Mass.). Public Buildings Department 8
- Boston (Mass.). Public Facilities Department 5
- Boston (Mass.). Auditing Department 4
- Boston (Mass.). Law Department 3
- Boston (Mass.). Engineering Department 2
- Boston (Mass.). Real Property Department 2
- Boston City Hospital 2
- Parris, Alexander, 1780-1852 2
- Suffolk County (Mass.) 2
- Boston (Mass.). Assessing Department 1
- Boston (Mass.). Board of Real Estate Commissioners 1
- Boston (Mass.). City Clerk 1
- Boston (Mass.). City Council 1
- Boston (Mass.). City Council. Committee on Extension of Faneuil Hall Market 1
- Boston (Mass.). Collecting Department 1
- Boston (Mass.). Committee on Foreclosed Real Estate 1
- Boston (Mass.). Coordinating Council on Drug Abuse 1
- Boston (Mass.). Government Center Commission 1
- Boston (Mass.). Office of Budget and Program Evaluation 1
- Boston (Mass.). Property and Construction Management Department 1 + ∧ less