Showing Collections: 1 - 22 of 22
Employee indentification badge of James J. Byrne, Assessing Department with photograph.
Includes name, residence, class, date of employment, date of discharge, cause of discharge and discharge number.
Lists of Officials and Employees include the name, address, designation (job title), compensation, date of election or appointment, and for some years the date first entered the employ of the City or County for all officials and employees of the City of Boston and Suffolk County. Volumes exist for the years 1888 and 1905-1966 excluding 1919 and 1921.
The Mayor John B. Hynes collection contains personal papers of the former mayor collected after his time in office. The papers include personal correspondence, employment and miltary service records, and various forms of personal memorabilia including certificates, awards, diplomas, poetry and writings, photographs, newspaper clippings, and multiple scrapbooks. The scrapbooks contain newspaper clippings and articles from Hynes's early tenure as mayor in 1950 and 1951.
Miscellaneous records documenting payroll for various departments. Includes Fire Department, 1829-1868 with gaps; Schools, 1833-1870 with gaps; Police, 1869-1870; Water Works, 1869-1870; Chestnut Hill Reservoir, 1868-1869; Lamps, 1869-1870; Paving, 1869-1870; Health, 1868-1869, Auditing, 1875-1885; Welfare, 1920-1923; and Institutions, 1922-1923.
Includes time and payroll records, 1885-1890; receipt book, 1906-1907; employee cards, circa 1909; misc. employee time records and loose papers, circa 1912.
An ordinance passed 28 December 1854 required appointments by the Mayor and Aldermen or by the Mayor on advice and consent of the Aldermen be sent to the City Clerk to record in a book. Includes name, office, date confirmed and date removed.
Record of oaths sworn by Assistant Registrars of Voters.
Includes agenda and minutes of the meetings of the Residency Compliance Commission from 1997-2014; annual reports from 1996-1997 and 2002-2013 and the semi annual report from July-December of 2013; and administrative files relating to the work of the Commission.
Includes minutes and hearings of the Boston Retirement Board, 1922-1932 and 1934-1962.
Includes subject files. correspondence and campaign files of Mayor Flynn during his years as a State Representative and a Boston City Councilor. These records are unprocessed.
- Subject: Municipal officials and employees X
- Litigation 4
- Mayors -- Massachusetts -- Boston 4
- Municipal government -- Massachusetts -- Boston 3
- Photographs 3
- Boston (Mass.) -- Politics and Government 2
- Cocoanut Grove (Boston, Mass.) -- Fire, 1942 2
- Municipal services 2
- Oaths 2
- Payrolls 2
- Public administration 2
- Public records 2
- Boston City Hall (Boston, Mass.) 1
- Bridges 1
- Budget 1
- Charitable bequests 1
- Correspondence 1
- Fire fighters 1
- Fire prevention 1
- Fire stations 1 + ∧ less
- Boston (Mass.). Auditing Department 4
- Boston (Mass.). City Clerk 4
- Boston (Mass.). Fire Department 4
- Boston (Mass.). Law Department 4
- Boston (Mass.). Office of the Mayor 3
- Boston (Mass.). City Council 2
- Boston (Mass.). Police Department 2
- Hynes, John B., 1897-1970 2
- Boston (Mass.). Administrative Services Department 1
- Boston (Mass.). Assessing Department 1
- Boston (Mass.). Board of Aldermen 1
- Boston (Mass.). Board of Directors for Public Institutions 1
- Boston (Mass.). Common Council 1
- Boston (Mass.). Coordinating Council on Drug Abuse 1
- Boston (Mass.). Election Department 1
- Boston (Mass.). Fire Department. Commissioner 1
- Boston (Mass.). Government Center Commission 1
- Boston (Mass.). Parks and Recreation Department 1
- Boston (Mass.). Public Grounds Department 1
- Boston (Mass.). Public Works Department 1 + ∧ less