Showing Collections: 1 - 30 of 34
Includes annual reports, employee handbooks, City Hall telephone directories, indexes to city services, and Municipal Administration Conference reports.
Minutes of the Board of Assessors which record the actions of the Board relating to abatements, exemptions, legal questions, the appointment of assessors, etc. Volumes for 1901-1956 are indexed. The volume for 1928-1929 is missing.
Records of the Director of the Boston Management Consortium. Includes administrative files, annual meeting records, subject files, correspondence, clippings, etc. This collection is unprocessed.
Includes files of the following committees: Government Operations; Education; Public Safety; Information Technology; Environment and Historic Preservation; Hunger and Homelessness; Whole; Residency; Youth Violent Crime Prevention; University and Community Relations; New Bostonians; Human Rights; Housing; Economic Development and Planning; and other miscellaneous committees.
Published series of documents ordered to be printed by the City Council. Includes departmental annual reports, committee reports, orders, ordinances, annual addresses, and other reports.
Bound volumes of departmental annual reports submitted to the Mayor. Annual reports can also be found in the City Documents series.
Subject files pertaining to topics such as Boston's bids for the 2000 and 2004 Democratic National Conventions, City to City Boston's Leadership Exchange, remarks and Correspondence of Mayors Flynn and Menino, and the U.S. Conference of Mayors. Also includes photographs and videotapes from Boston's bid for the 2000 Democratic National Convention.
Collection of printed copies of City of Boston charters, statutes, by-laws and ordinances, 1630-2016.
Records of the administration of Mayor John F. Collins, 1960-1967. Includes correspondence, subject files, reports, briefings, speeches, photographs and memorabilia.
One published volume of "Letters and Speeches of the Honorable John F. Fitzgerald, 1906-1907, 1910-1913" and one published volume of "The Advance of Boston-a Pictorial Review of Municipal Progress of this City during Four Years 1910-1913."
Collection of publications produced by the Mayor's Office and various offices within the Mayor's Office on many topics relating to Boston.
Pocket guides including the members of city government, department heads and rules and orders of the City Council. Includes guides for 1880-1882, 1888-1889, 1905, 1920, 1923-1927, 1929, 1931-1935, 1938, 1940-1948, 1950-1982, 1985-1993, 1995-2006.
Includes photographs of Building Department offices from circa 1917 including Commissioner's Office, Inspectors' desks, plans area, and document file vault. Also includes photographs of Building Department offices in the New City Hall, 1968.
- Subject: Municipal government -- Massachusetts -- Boston X
- Municipal government -- Massachusetts -- Boston 28
- Boston (Mass.) -- Politics and Government 10
- Annexation (Municipal government) -- Massachusetts -- Boston 6
- Municipal government -- Massachusetts -- 19th century 6
- Minutes (Records) 5
- Municipal services 4
- Public administration 4
- Boston (Mass.) -- Politics and Government -- Periodicals 3
- Correspondence 3
- Municipal officials and employees 3
- Annual reports 2
- Boston City Hall (Boston, Mass.) 2
- Law and legislation -- Massachusetts -- Boston 2
- Legal opinions 2
- Mayors -- Massachusetts -- Boston 2
- Municipal charters 2
- Ordinances, Municipal 2
- Photographs 2
- Public records 2
- Transcriptions 2 + ∧ less
- Boston (Mass.). City Council 9
- Boston (Mass.). City Clerk 4
- Boston (Mass.). Law Department 4
- Boston (Mass.). Office of the Mayor 4
- Boston (Mass.). Administrative Services Department 2
- Hancock, John, 1737-1793 2
- Abiel Smith School (Boston, Mass.) 1
- Boston (Mass.) 1
- Boston (Mass.). Assessing Department 1
- Boston (Mass.). Board of Aldermen 1
- Boston (Mass.). Building Department 1
- Boston (Mass.). Common Council 1
- Boston (Mass.). Coordinating Council on Drug Abuse 1
- Boston (Mass.). Fire Department 1
- Boston (Mass.). Government Center Commission 1
- Boston (Mass.). Office of Intergovernmental Relations 1
- Boston (Mass.). Selectmen 1
- Boston City Hospital 1
- Boston Managment Consortium 1
- Boston Redevelopment Authority 1 + ∧ less