Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Dates: circa 1850-1900
Scope and Contents Published between 1876 and 1909, the Record Commissioners reports include transcriptions of early Boston town records including town meeting records, Selectmen records, births, deaths and marriages, Charlestown records, Dorchester records and other miscellaneous records.
Dates: Publication: 1876-1909
Scope and Contents Volume kept by the City Surveyor's Office of copies of orders of the Board of Street Commissioners to establish the grades of streets in Dorchester.
Scope and Contents note This collection contains the records for the Town of Dorchester from the late eighteenth century to 1870 when the town was annexed to the City of Boston. The bulk of the records date from 1823 onwards, although there are some records from the 1780s and 1790s, and two volumes of Assessor's records cover 1807-1812 and 1818-1823. One item has been dated  although this date is not conclusive. The majority of the records are either tax based or center around the proceedings of the town...
Dates: 1784-1870 (bulk, 1806-1870)
- Names: Dorchester (Boston, Mass.) X
- Streets 2
- Surveying 2
- Annexation (Municipal government) -- Massachusetts -- Boston 1
- Dorchester (Boston, Mass.) 1
- Minutes (Records) 1
- Municipal government -- Massachusetts -- 19th century 1
- Property 1
- Registers of births, etc. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Regimental histories -- Massachusetts 1 ∧ less
- Charlestown (Boston, Mass.) 2
- Boston (Mass.) 1
- Boston (Mass.). Board of Street Commissioners 1
- Boston (Mass.). Engineering Department 1
- Boston (Mass.). Public Works Department 1