Showing Collections: 1 - 15 of 15
Includes the City's Law Department records concerning the class action suit brought by black registered voters against Boston's Mayor, City Council, School Committee, Election Commissioners and City Clerk challenging the at-large voting procedure for the election of members of the Boston School Committee. The court found in favor of the defendants.
Includes published proceedings of School Committee meetings, 1870, 1873-May 1987; verbatim transcripts of School Committee meetings, July 1936-June 1996; and School Committee board papers, September 1915-2011.
Includes subject files, reports, correspondence, orders etc. of the School Committee; task force records; records relating to superintendent searches, contracts, and evaluations; and miscellaneous photographs of members.
Annual reports and other documents including annual statistics, committee reports, curriculum, courses of study, etc. of the School Department. Includes School Committee annual reports, 1845-1850, 1852-1855, 1857-1963 and School Documents, 1853-1861, 1877, 1879-1905. Also includes Annals of the Primary Schools, 1818-1854; Report of Committee on Drawing, 1870-1877; Report on Accounts, 1869-1877; and budget reports.
Includes recordings on both audio cassette tapes and CDs of Boston School Committee meetings
Grants submitted by the Superintendent to the School Committee for approval.
Publications produced by the Boston School Department. Includes Code of Discipline, contracts, handbooks, newsletters, reports, plans, etc.
- Names: Boston (Mass.). School Committee X
- Public schools 7
- Schools 6
- Litigation 5
- Elections 2
- School integration 2
- School management and organization 2
- African Americans 1
- Annual reports 1
- Busing for school integration 1
- Cocoanut Grove (Boston, Mass.) -- Fire, 1942 1
- Contracts 1
- Correspondence 1
- Discrimination in education 1
- Education -- Curricula 1
- Education, Bilingual 1
- Grants-in-aid 1
- Hispanic Americans 1
- Mayors -- Election 1
- Mayors -- Massachusetts -- Boston 1
- Minutes (Records) 1 + ∧ less
- Boston Public Schools 8
- Boston (Mass.). Law Department 5
- Boston (Mass.). Office of the Mayor 2
- Boston (Mass.). City Council 1
- Boston (Mass.). Committee for Superintending the School for Mutual Instruction 1
- Boston (Mass.). Fire Department 1
- Boston (Mass.). Primary School Committee 1
- Boston (Mass.). School Committee. Secretary 1
- Boston (Mass.). Superintendent of Public Schools 1
- Boston (Mass.). Traffic & Parking Department 1
- Curley, James Michael, 1874-1958 1
- Hynes, John B., 1897-1970 1
- Latino Political Action Committee, Inc. 1
- Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination 1
- Massachusetts. Board of Education 1
- Reilly, William Arthur, 1903-1969 1
- Tobin, Maurice J. 1 + ∧ less