Showing Collections: 31 - 38 of 38
Scope and Contents Copy of the Street Lighting Contract between the City of Boston and the Edison Electric Illuminating Company of Boston.
Dates: 1909 May 5
Scope and Contents Records of the Street Lighting Division relating to urban renewal projects, gas lamps and crime.
Dates: circa 1952-1978
Scope and Contents note This collection documents the activities of the Boston Public Works Department’s Street Lighting Division. Materials consist primarily of administrative records including contracts, logs, repair orders, lists of lamps, and correspondence. Records also include an information file on street lighting in general, photographs of lamps in Boston and surrounding towns, a scrapbook, and lamp drawings and schematics.
Scope and Contents Includes two copies of "A Record of the Streets, Alleys, Places, Etc. in the City of Boston" published in 1902 and 1910. These volumes include all streets, the date the street is supposed to have received that name, description of the street, and information on laying out, discontinuance of street and name changes. Also includes copies of "Boston Streets also its avenues, courts, places etc. showing the numbers and divisions of those extending through more than one ward or precinct together...
Dates: 1902-1999 with gaps
Scope and Contents Includes Building Department copies of notices of changes in street numbering sent by the Public Works Department and street number logs from 1898-1946, 1951-1958 and 1964-1970.
Scope and Contents Engineering Division street survey files arranged alphabetically by street name. Includes surveyor notes, plans, calculations, etc. Streets from other cities and towns may also be included.
Dates: circa 1910-1950
Scope and Contents Plans and files of survey notes of Civil Engineer Charles H.W. Wood Co. Files are numbered 1-1770. This collection is unprocessed.
Dates: circa 1834-1923
- Names: Boston (Mass.). Public Works Department X
- Streets 15
- Public works 9
- Bridges 7
- Sewerage 7
- Photographs 5
- Surveying 4
- Ferries 3
- Street lighting 3
- Contracts 2
- Subways 2
- Accidents 1
- Annual reports 1
- Automobiles 1
- Bench-marks 1
- Betterments 1
- Cable television 1
- Correspondence 1
- Deeds 1
- Driveways 1
- Electric conduits 1 ∧ less
- Boston (Mass.). Engineering Department 5
- Boston (Mass.). Police Department 2
- Boston (Mass.). Auditing Department 1
- Boston (Mass.). Board of Directors for Public Institutions 1
- Boston (Mass.). Board of Street Commissioners 1
- Boston (Mass.). Building Department 1
- Boston (Mass.). Fire Department 1
- Boston (Mass.). Public Improvement Commission 1
- Boston (Mass.). Street Laying-Out Department 1
- Boston (Mass.). Surveying Department 1
- Boston (Mass.). Transit Commission 1
- Boston (Mass.). Transit Department 1
- Boston Public Schools 1
- Casazza, Joseph F. 1
- Charlestown (Boston, Mass.) 1
- Dorchester (Boston, Mass.) 1
- Flaherty, John F. 1
- Haley, James W. 1
- Hyde Park (Boston, Mass.) 1 ∧ less