Showing Collections: 1 - 30 of 40
Includes the City's Law Department records concerning the class action suit brought by black registered voters against Boston's Mayor, City Council, School Committee, Election Commissioners and City Clerk challenging the at-large voting procedure for the election of members of the Boston School Committee. The court found in favor of the defendants.
Records from the suit brought by the City of Boston against manufacturers of materials containing asbestos for reimbursement for the cost of abatement of the asbestos in public buildings. Includes contracts of city-owned buildings from 1923-1971 that were used as exhibits in the case. Buildings include schools, libraries, fire stations, police stations, city hospital, etc. Also includes records from the case itself.
Record of title examinations on properties purchased by the city. Includes Austin Farm and other properties.
Fairview Construction Co. Inc. v. City of Boston case files (Minority/Women in Business Enterprise case)
Docket of cases handled by the Law Department. Lists names of parties, date of process, court, cause of action, remarks and results.
Irish-American Gay, Lesbian and Bisexual Group of Boston et al. v. City of Boston et al. case files (Parade Case)
Includes annual reports of the Law Department from 1911-1974 with gaps and a published copy of the will of Benjamin Franklin and of the proceedings of the Courts and of the Managers of the Franklin Fund relating to the will which were compiled by the Corporation Counsel.
Law Department files relating to Democratic National Convention, 2004 including MOUs.
- Names: Boston (Mass.). Law Department X
- Litigation 20
- Legal opinions 5
- Elections 4
- Municipal government -- Massachusetts -- Boston 4
- Municipal officials and employees 4
- Freedom of speech 3
- Parades 3
- Public buildings 3
- Public housing 3
- St. Patrick's Day -- Massachusetts -- Boston 3
- Claims 2
- Contracts 2
- Discrimination 2
- Minorities -- Employment 2
- Municipal services 2
- Public lands 2
- African Americans 1
- Annual reports 1
- Asbestos -- Litigation -- Massachusetts -- Boston 1
- Boston City Hall (Boston, Mass.) 1 + ∧ less
- Boston (Mass.). School Committee 5
- Boston (Mass.). Office of the Mayor 3
- Boston (Mass.). Police Department 3
- Boston Housing Authority 3
- Boston Public Schools 3
- Allied War Veterans Council of South Boston 2
- Boston (Mass.). Election Department 2
- Boston (Mass.). Fire Department 2
- Boston City Hospital 2
- Boston Redevelopment Authority 2
- Irish American Gay, Lesbian & Bisexual Group of Boston 2
- Boston (Mass.). Auditing Department 1
- Boston (Mass.). City Clerk 1
- Boston (Mass.). City Council 1
- Boston (Mass.). Coordinating Council on Drug Abuse 1
- Boston (Mass.). Government Center Commission 1
- Boston Medical Center 1
- Boston Public Health Commission 1
- Boston Waterfront Residents' Association, Inc. 1 + ∧ less