Mayor's Office for Immigrant Advancement records
Scope and Contents
Includes subject and correspondence files of the Director of the Mayor's Office of New Bostonians relating to the work with city departments and community partners to collectively identify and address immigrants' concerns. Topics include the English for New Bostonians program, ESL, ESOL, and voter participation. Also includes press articles, circa 1998-2003, photographs, 2001-2002, subect files, circa 2015-2019.
- 1994-2019 (bulk, 1999-2001)
- Boston (Mass.). Office for Immigrant Advancement (Organization)
- Boston (Mass.). Mayor's Office of New Bostonians (Organization)
The Office of New Bostonians was established by Mayor Thomas Menino in 1998 to meet the growing and changing immigrant and newcomer community in Boston. ONB was rebranded in 2016 by Mayor Martin J. Walsh as the Office for Immigrant Advancement to help encompass the evolving needs of Boston's immigrant community.
3 Cubic feet (4 record cartons)
Language of Materials
- English language -- Study and teaching -- Foreign speakers Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Immigrants Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the City of Boston Archives Repository
201 Rivermoor St.
West Roxbury MA 02132 United States