The Centre Street widening project
Item — Box: 1
Scope and Contents
This film was photographed and edited by John P. Brooker who worked as an Inspector on the Public Works project in 1932 to widen Centre Street in West Roxbury/Jamaica Plain. The area in the film appears to be the part of Centre Street between V.F.W. Parkway and the Arborway. The contractor for the project was C.J. Maney. Individuals in the film include John J. Crowley, Chief Inspector of the Paving Service; James F. McCabe, Inspector in Charge; John P. Brooker, Inspector; William J. Morrissey, Chief Engineer of the Highway Division; Joshua Atwood, Division Engineer; C.F. Collins, Resident Enginner; William C. Maney, Clerk of the Works; "Mike" Taurasi, General Foreman. Parts of Faulkner Hospital can be seen in the film.
- Brooker, John P. (Person)
1 Reels : 1 film reel (13 min.) : si., b&w, 24 fps ; 16 mm.
Language of Materials
Created by John P. Brooker. Donated by Donald Brooker, Ret. Capt. Hull Police to Alice Hennessey about 2015 for West Roxbury Historical Society. Donated to City Archives by Bob Murphy of the West Roxbury Historical Society in June of 2017.
- Jamaica Plain (Boston, Mass.) Subject Source: Library Of Congress Subject Headings
- Motion picture film Subject Source: Library Of Congress Subject Headings
- Streets Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Streets -- Design and construction Subject Source: Library Of Congress Subject Headings
- West Roxbury (Boston, Mass.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script