City of Boston et al. v. Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority et al. case files
- Boston (Mass.). Law Department (Organization)
The plaintiffs — the city of Boston, twelve other cities and towns within the MBTA territory, and Kevin H. White, as representative of the Advisory Board — brought an action seeking declaratory and injunctive relief enjoining the defendant MBTA from paying certain of its employees during 1977 approximately $6,000,000 in cost-of-living wage increases which the Advisory Board had voted to eliminate from the MBTA's budget of current expenses for 1977. Representatives of all the labor organizations (unions) which have cost-of-living increase provisions in their agreements with the MBTA were either named as defendants or have intervened.
2 Cubic feet
Language of Materials
- Litigation Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority
- Municipal officials and employees Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the City of Boston Archives Repository
201 Rivermoor St.
West Roxbury MA 02132 United States