Skip to main content

Printing Director's files

 Series
Identifier: 3100.001

Dates

  • circa 1960s-2000

Creator

Historical note

The City's printing plant was established in March of 1897 for the express purpose of executing the printing required by all city and county departments. The plant was located at the corner of North and Richmond Streets in a city-owned building for the exclusive use of the department. The Printing Department was abolished by section 13 of chapter 8 of the ordinances of 1953 and the printing operations of the city were taken over by the newly created Adminstrative Services Department. The City's printing plant on North Street was closed in June of 2010.

Extent

10 Cubic feet

Language of Materials

English

  • Printing Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
Language of description
Undetermined
Script of description
Code for undetermined script

Repository Details

Part of the City of Boston Archives Repository

Contact:
201 Rivermoor St.
West Roxbury MA 02132 United States
617-635-1195
617-635-1194 (Fax)