Scope and Contents
Includes the stub and section 3 endorsed by superintendent of cemetery or crematory for burial permits issued from 1988-2012.
- Boston Public Health Commission (Organization)
The Burial Permit Office of the Public Health Commission issues the official disposition, removal or transportation permit for any person who dies within the City of Boston. Burial Permits are issued to Funeral Personnel, after presenting a completed and correct certificate of death. Burial Permits are issued for the burial, cremation, or transportation of a person’s remains. The Burial Permit consists of a three part form. Section one is the stub to be retained by the Burial Permit Office, section two is the official disposition and transportation permit and section three is to be returned immediately to the Burial Permit Office, properly endorsed by the superintendent, cemetery or crematory.
63.0 Cubic feet (63 record cartons)
Language of Materials
- Cemeteries Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Public health Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Registers of births, etc. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the City of Boston Archives Repository
201 Rivermoor St.
West Roxbury MA 02132 United States