Ward and precinct maps
Scope and Contents
Map books showing ward and precinct boundaries for the years 1878, 1886, 1889, 1890, 1895, 1916, 1921, 1925 and 1936 printed by the Election Department.
- Boston (Mass.). Election Department (Organization)
The Board of Registrars of Voters was appointed in May of 1874 and was succeeded July 1, 1895 by the Board of Election Commissioners. This department exercises all the powers and duties formerly conferred upon the Board of Registrars of Voters (including the preparation of the jury list), except the power and duty of giving notice of elections and fixing the days and hours for holding the same. The Board also exercises all the powers and duties formerly conferred upon the City Clerk and other officers by chapter 504 of the Acts of 1894. One Election Commissioner is appointed by the Mayor each year, term beginning on the 1st of April. The two leading political parties must be equally represented on the Board and the Chairman is designated annually by the Mayor.
Language of Materials
- Boston (Mass.) -- Maps Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Election districts Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Election districts -- Massachusetts -- Boston -- Maps Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Maps, etc. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the City of Boston Archives Repository
201 Rivermoor St.
West Roxbury MA 02132 United States