Scope and Contents
Includes bound volumes of issues of the City Record from 1898-1900, 1909-1960, 1972 October-1980 and 1984-1988 and loose copies of the City Record from 1969-1988 with gaps and 2000-2010 with gaps.
- 1898-2010 with gaps
- Boston (Mass.). Office of the Mayor (Organization)
- Boston (Mass.). Statistics Department (Organization)
- Boston (Mass.). Purchasing Department (Organization)
The "City Record" is the Official Chronicle of the City of Boston. This periodical publishes the municipal news, notices and all advertisements for the procurement of goods, materials and services for the City of Boston that are estimated to equal or exceed $10,000. It is published weekly under the direction of the Mayor in accordance with legislative act and city ordinance. The "City Record" was initially under the management of the Statistics Department from 1898-1900. It was established by Chapter 2 of the Ordinances of 1898. Publication was discontinued on May 8, 1900. The publication was re-established in 1909 in accordance with the City Charter of 1909 (Sections 29 and 30 of Chapter 486). Publication resumed on August 14, 1909.
15.0 Cubic feet
Language of Materials
- Boston (Mass.) -- Politics and Government Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Boston (Mass.) -- Politics and Government -- Periodicals Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- City Record
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script