Map position no. 2, 1939
Scope and Contents
From the Collection: This set of photographs was most likely taken by members of the United States Army Corps of Engineers. The photographs shows various cargo ships and other vessels transiting the Chelsea Creek (aka Chelsea River) and passing through the Meridian Street Bridge in East Boston.
- United States. Army. Corps of Engineers (Organization)
From the Collection: 37 photographs
Language of Materials
Description on the back of the photograph reads: "U.S. Engineer Office, Boston, Mass., S.S. Mobilgas in Position 2, as shown on Map "A" to accompany report on Meridian Street Bridge dated 12/27/39."
- Bridges Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Chelsea Creek (Mass.) Subject Source: Local sources
- Meridian Street Bridge (Boston, Mass.) Subject Source: Local sources
- Rivers Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Ships Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings