Boston (Mass.). Surveying Department
The Office of the City Surveyor was established by ordinance passed on October 12, 1868. The Surveying Department was under charge of the City Surveyor, who made such surveys, plans, estimates, statements and descriptions and took such levels as the City Government or any of its departments or committees required. Chapter 449 of the Acts of 1895 abolished the Surveying Department and the Office of City Surveyor and transferred to the power and duties to the Engineering Department and the Office of City Engineer.
Found in 5 Collections and/or Records: