Boston (Mass.). City Planning Board
In January of 1914, the City Council passed an ordinance establishing the City Planning Board. In April of 1940, an amendment to the original ordinance was passed by the City Council enlarging the City Planning Board from five to nine members. In August of 1952, an amendment was passed by the City Council concerning the organization and enlargement of the powers and duties of the City Planning Board. Section 28 of Chapter 2 of the Ordinances of 1954 placed the Board of Zoning Adjustment in the City Planning Department but not under the supervision or control of the City Planning Board. Under Chapter 652 of the Acts of 1960, the City Planning Board was abolished and the staff was transferred to the Boston Redevelopment Authority, and the functions, duties and responsibilities for general city planning were assumed by the Authority.
Found in 3 Collections and/or Records:
Annual reports and other publications produced by the Planning Board. Includes publications documenting urban renewal, zoning, capital improvements, transportation and public buildings. Annual reports can also be found in the City Documents series.