Ordinance passed December 26, 1856, amended December 28, 1857 and May 8, 1861, established a Board of Land Commissioners which was responsible for the care and management of public lands belonging to the City of Boston so far as it related to improvements, sales and disposal of the same. The Joint Committee of the City Council along with one alderman and one common councilor chosen in November and December to serve for the following two years constituted the Board of Land Commissioners. The Board of Land Commissioners was abolished by ordinance passed May 3, 1864. Care and management reverted back to the Joint Committee on Public Lands of the City Council. Includes minutes of the Board of Land Commissioners, April 6-December 23, 1860 and January 21, 1863-May 4, 1864. The first few pages of the 1860 volume are missing.